We set some really high standards for ourselves in 2020. And even though we’re all continuing to face the ongoing pandemic, the “new norm” we’re living through has forced us to adapt. We met the challenge head-on in 2021 by adjusting our working model while still growing in size. This past year, we’ve also taken stock and revised the way we see Infermedica in the healthcare space. From new solutions and partnerships to new clients and a new vision—we’re constantly working on helping to make healthcare more accessible.
In this year’s edition of Year in Review, I'll be rounding up all the things we've done in 2021, thanks to the great people, projects, partners, and clients who have been helping Infermedica's mission evolve throughout 2021.
The vision must evolve
In 2012, we started with an idea: to create a tool to help patients check their symptoms online. We wanted to make it easy for patients to figure out what to do when feeling sick. The idea was based on the concept of a 20-questions game. But we soon realized that if we wanted to turn our idea into a real working tool, we’d need to closely collaborate with organizations and businesses already operating in the healthcare space. And so, the evolution began.
2021 was the year of taking key steps towards the Infermedica platform. We’ve taken our original idea and we’ve started turning it into a holistic value suite to serve patients, physicians, and providers. Our solutions now go much beyond patient triage to include intake, consultation, symptom analysis, and patient follow-up after a visit. As the old saying goes, the only constant in life is change. The healthcare market is evolving rapidly and so is our vision.
Today, as we draw near the end of 2021, we are proud to be joined on our healthcare journey by over 90 B2B clients, including industry leaders such as Microsoft, Allianz Partners, Everyday Health, PZU Zdrowie, and Gothaer, to name a few.
Becoming a next-gen workplace
We’re all still facing a lot of uncertainty around COVID-19. Changing the way we work has helped us evolve into a next-generation workplace, and because of this we’ve been able to:
- Hire over 70 people. I am proud to say that Infermedica now has nearly 180 people, from all over the world, dedicated to creating accessible healthcare in global markets including the EU, US, and DACH.
- Become a Remote-First workplace. As we’re now an international workforce, we offer all employees the opportunity to choose between fully remote, hybrid, or office work. I’m pleased to be working with great professionals here in Poland, as well as in the US, the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, and more.
- Keep being an incredibly happy company. We regularly score an average Employee NPS level of 66—beating the industry standards!
- Share our story with others. Staying true to our values, we believe in sharing the lessons we’ve learned with other companies. Tomasz Domino, our COO, explained Why Business Values and Culture Must Remain Constants as You Grow, in Entrepreneur.
Although we are remote-first, we luckily had the opportunity to meet in person and have fun together during the summer. Of all the great things we’ve done in 2021, this was the greatest!
Highlights of 2021
As we’ve evolved throughout the year, we’ve had some great accomplishments that have allowed us to grow in more ways than just the number of employees.
So, what happened in 2021, and how have we grown?
- We’ve had over 10 million uses of our online symptom-checking tool. Read the report for more insights.
- We started, and continued, cooperating with industry-leading clients including Gothaer and Cigna, to name a couple.
- We launched a pediatric screening tool for the initial symptom analysis and triage of the youngest patients. Our medical content is now ready to guide patients of all ages to a timely and proper level of care.
- We took the first steps in creating our one-point solution for patients and healthcare providers. We launched the Intake Form Pilot Program, and we’ll have more news in the coming year.
- We launched our global Partner Program. We work with knok through their telemedicine solution, Microsoft and their Healthcare Bot, and you can now also find us on the Unqork Marketplace.
- We released our first webinar, Digital Front Doors for Healthcare Orgs 101, featuring Adam Walker, Microsoft, Sailaja Vishnubhotla, Walgreens, and Roberto Sicconi, Co-Founder and CSO of Infermedica.
What’s next? Infermedica in 2022
In 2021 we began our new wave of transformation. I’m pleased to say that 2022 will bring many more exciting changes. Things to look out for in 2022 include, but are not limited to:
- Series B Funding. In early 2022, we’ll be announcing more. Watch this space!
- Intake Form Commercial Launch. We’ll be launching the first tool to streamline the entire patient intake process from triage to consultation. If you’re interested in the evolution of this solution, you can find out more or join our Pilot Program.
- Celebrating 10 years of Infermedica supplying AI-powered healthcare solutions.
- Transitioning our services to a comprehensive platform solution. Next year, we’ll be en route to continue helping to solve the key challenges faced by patients, providers, and health systems.
- We’re not done growing! We’re on the search for passionate and qualified individuals to join us on our mission. You can see our open positions here.
2021 has been challenging for us all. But these challenges have brought us some great new opportunities. None of this would have been possible without Infermedica’s amazing team of professionals, alongside our clients and partners. With thanks to our investors and all involved, I look forward to announcing the new changes in 2022.
Stay healthy and thank you for joining us on our journey to making healthcare accessible for all. See you in 2022!